Friday, November 11, 2011

Swimming iPhones

I think it’s safe to say that at one point in our lives, our mobile phones have fallen into water. If not, we know someone who did, like a clumsy friend, or a forgetful elder. Nobody likes to drop their mobile phones in any liquid. It’s painful to see our favorite mobile phones die out on us, especially because of our carelessness. That makes everything worse. I don’t like the feeling of being careless. And if you guessed it right, I’m writing out of anguish because of that.

Let me tell you what happened. I was at my best friend’s birthday party at his house when my iPhone got wet. Mind you, it’s an iPhone 3GS with 32 gigabytes of memory. Anyway, we were all having fun and my friends took turns playing games on my iPhone. When they returned it to me, I placed it on a table where the food was. There were no drinks there, not yet. I turned around to talk to some of my friends to have a little chitchat.

Then my best friend’s little sister came in. She wanted to help out in preparing the birthday, so she brought in a couple of pitchers of juice. A lone iPhone on the table and two pitchers of juice? That’s a recipe for disaster. She got bumped by one of the partygoers and spilled the drinks on the table! I was shocked at what I just saw. When I went to get my iPhone, the screen was already black. I didn’t turn it on immediately because if I did, I could fry the phone.

I left the phone turned off for a couple of days and I had high hopes it would come back to life. Needless to say, it didn’t. Nothing happened. At that moment I immediately knew that my phone was worthless. I checked Apple’s website, but it said that the warrant doesn’t cover iPhones with liquid damage! That’s so unfair! I felt hopeless after that.

After some thinking, I decided to sell my iPhone. I figured I could get some cash out of it. But who would want an iPhone submerged in liquid anyway? Certainly not my friends. Looking around the Internet, I found Cashforiphones.com. They buy iPhones that are mint, damaged, broken OR liquid-submerged! Just what I needed to make my day. But I wondered if cashforiphones.com is a scam. I looked for user reviews around the internet, and learned that they are a completely legitimate business. You get a quote from their site, and after that they send a box to your house. When it gets there, you are delivered a check and that’s it!

I thought that it was the best thing that could happen to me! So I went ahead to register with their website. They were willing to give me $89 dollars for my iPhone. I gladly accepted the deal because that’s plenty of money for a submerged phone. A couple of days later I was sent a box and I sent it back to them. I got an email saying they were going to lower the price to $50. At first I was bummed out, but then again, my phone was submerged in water anyway, so I couldn’t haggle with the price.

I got my check a couple of days later and now I’m going to use that money to buy a new iPhone. If you think that Cashforiphones.com is a scam, think again. My first time dealing with them went smoothly, and I’m looking to deal with them again. I learned that they also buy laptops with their other websites, and I’m thinking of selling it to them too. But now, I’m thinking of becoming a much more careful person from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment